SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The seat heating of the driver's seat is broken, but the one of the passenger is still working.

Are the left and right front seats identical ?

If yes, could I swap them to use the passenger seat for the driver (with the properly working heating) ?

·
Registered
18,382 Posts
You'd have to figure out the connections if the driver's seat has adjustable thermostat. Though perhaps you can just use the pass-side thermostat wiring.

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
or you could just reapair the broken elements by soldering or spliting them together, the breaks are visible under the seat skins and typically have a burn around the break. i have done this reapir without removing the seats fromt he car, tho its easier the first time you do it to remove the seats. there is a guide that is ok and shows you how to fix them, somebody has the link somewhere. i found it difficult to follow in a way. my elemnts are very brittle and i fix the thing about once a month now.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
900t said:
You'd have to figure out the connections if the driver's seat has adjustable thermostat. Though perhaps you can just use the pass-side thermostat wiring.
No, there is no adjustable thermostat. My question is more to know if the two front seats have the same shape which permits inverting them. For the wiring, I could just use the same and make the wires longer.

Does anybody know if the fuse for the seat heating is in the engine compartment (above the left wheel) or under the back seat and which number it has ?

·
Registered
18,382 Posts
I should mention the seats do appear to fit, your adjustments would be on the wrong side and the width might interfere. But the cushion can be separated from the seat and installed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did it

I finally did a repair on the driver's seat. As mentionned elsewhere the broken bit is easily recognizable as the fabric around it is burned. Had to repair another spot, too. Now, everything is fine and my *** is nice and warm.

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
maybe i have my stupid hat on :roll: , but do ours backs get warmed as well as our ****?
probably imagining it, but i could swear my seat upright is heated too (seems to get V warm some days)
G

·
Registered
5,677 Posts
drg23 said:
maybe i have my stupid hat on :roll: , but do ours backs get warmed as well as our ****?
probably imagining it, but i could swear my seat upright is heated too (seems to get V warm some days)
G
Yes, there are some elements in the lower part of the seat back too!. Youve not just got a naturally warm back!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts