SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I'm looking to see what's out there or what people have done. I have a 2003 9-3 linear. The handling of this car is atrocious. I feel like there is just no ridgity whatsoever. And yes, I know these cars do not have good handling. What have people done to make the car more glued to the road so as to speak. I replaced the front and rear struts/shocks already. My biggest complaint is that on cornering the car just leans way too much. The tires chirp just going about 40 mph or so on a roundabout. I feel like spacers may compensate this issue a little? Maybe lowering springs will help? What have you all done to combat this issue. Is there a stiffer sway bar option available to us? Opinions and experience are appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
9,380 Posts
What tires are on the car? Are the shocks (dampers if you're in the UK) in good shape?

Body roll isn't a great thing for handling*, but it's not the case that eliminating body roll will suddenly make a car handle brilliantly. A child's wagon or a shopping cart (Tesco trolley?) will corner flat, but neither of those are going to be great handlers.

*Suspension geometry changes, and there can be excessive transient and long-term weight transfer. But, in my opinion, these are relatively small effects on modern cars.

Unlike the good old days:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey guys. I just now saw your replies. Since they updated the site I guess notifications don't come through email anymore. I didn't think anyone replied till I got on here and checked haha. I have just the stock wheels tire size for the linear. 16 inch on 215/55/16. Wanna get lower profile 17s in the future but money limited right now. Tires have all been replaced within last 6 months front and back. And I just replaced the front and rear shocks this past month. Front and back. Now even after replacing the front and rear shocks, the car literally still bounces when it hits bumps. Just no ridgity it feels like. All suspenion elsewhere is tight.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts