SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recent work has been a full set of 6 sub-frame bushes, control arms, drop links, rear dampers and engine torque mount.

Now obviously that's all improved things no end but as the car warms up I do still get a knock knock knocking and the occasional full on clonk from the front. The knocking will be low speed when I can hear it, the clonk with a bit more speed and more suspension travel. All in a straight line I should add, this is isn't limited to corning or maneuvering.

So the front dampers still look good to me even though they may be the originals. What's everyone's thoughts on the top mount?

Now I'm also getting some brake judder which is almost certainly from the front even though they look like new pads and discs to me. Obviously quality could be suspect but could this be linked to the above?

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
how are your motor mounts? are they any good? I had a similar clunk on my car and once i changed the passenger motor mount it went away. I didnt realize just how bad that mount was until i replaced it and how much higher the motor sat afterwards

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You mean upper engine mounts? The one under the battery and the one under the "bow" to the left of the engine as you're looking at it? So tricky, we describe these parts differently. I haven't examined them but funnily enough I did watch the Trionic Seven vid the other day.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts