SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all,

Looking to replace my stock aero suspension. I have the strut bearings binding up front, and i feel the rears are wanting to be changed out as well to freshen it up.

I'm not interested in compressing springs/taking them apart, just a re/re to make it quicker and easier. I'd like to just purchase a preassembled kit like this one. www.esaabparts.com/saab/parts/33310097

Koni Yellows with Maptun lowering springs - Is anyone running these? I'm planning on taking the car to the track and would love to have some opinions/suggestions as to what will be the best DD/track setup with a budget of $1500ish canadian dollars!

I have searched the fourms and found that the recommendation for the v6 sportcombi are the Eibachs, but I am not able to find any site that can have them assembled.

How are Maptun lowering springs??

Many thanks to the dedicated Saab experts on here who have way more experience than me :)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Pulled the trigger on the B8 Bilsteins and Maptun kit. Excited to install

·
Super Moderator
9,616 Posts
Let us know how you like them. B8s are known for being super harsh so interested to hear your opinion.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've installed all my suspension bits. My old aero suspension was toast. Rear shocks would not come back out when I compressed them. eek!

Feels great. Not harsh at all. The ride is not bouncy. Can't wait to go to the track with these. Thought that the front would have been a bit lower though. Maybe it will take a little for the springs to settle in.

·
Registered
819 Posts
man do I love steelies. Looks good, that old equipment has seen better days. I'd be interested to hear how it does at that track.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Fist track weekend canceled due to COVID-19. You'll have to wait til June to hear how it was at the track! :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts