SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok Peeps and Beeps now you guys said that for the suspension I should go with Aero Spring and bilstein HD now for some dagg reason I have no luck finding the Aero Springs I called the dealer and they said that they need VIN number and I dont have an aero i have an lpt so i wouldnt know any VIN for an Aero. I really want to take your advice but why is it so hard to find these springs I have posted in the classified and nothing. What should I do I am going to try a few more junk yards but no luck so far. So saab peeps Help me Pimp my ride:cheesy:

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Gazolzwurf said:
Hang these up :cheesy:

Lol thanks Ill get those but Im more worried about worried about finding the aero springs than pimpin the car comfort before pimpness.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am a student I dont have a lot of time i have a lot of homework to do so it's important that I find these so i can go to the next step if you get my drift.

·
Registered
8,293 Posts
I have the same isues when i am looking for parts sicne I have a linear. I woudl just get a VIN from an online posting.

Here is a 2001 Saab Aero VIN. Just went on Cars.com and looked for one and there it is. Took about 15 seconds.

YS3EH48G413027072

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Jssaab said:
I have the same isues when i am looking for parts sicne I have a linear. I woudl just get a VIN from an online posting.

Here is a 2001 Saab Aero VIN. Just went on Cars.com and looked for one and there it is. Took about 15 seconds.

YS3EH48G413027072
thanks a lot

·
Registered
57 Posts
All you need to do is give your VIN number to a dealer, and they can cross reference your vin, and come up with the appropriate Aero springs for your linear. I did this with my Linear, and ordered them from www.genuinesaab.com. This way you get the proper weight class for your springs.

·
Registered
174 Posts
are you sure they want your VIN number and not just the part numbers? My Saab dealer will let me order any part so long as I know the part number. I'm sure one of the more knowledgable members could tell you the part numbers for the springs that would fit your car.

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
I had vowed not to get into another suspension thread, we already have 45 million of them and they are all subjective.

The saab roadholding kit will bring your car to pre 2001 Aero standards and is a good upgrade on the stock and worn suspension.

But it's not the best by far :nono;

Suspension changes are expensive and I have paid over and over again to get what I wanted, and my first upgrade was the road holding kit you mention. Personally I found it "crashy" and no where near firm enough, especially with the lack of "progressive springs" and over 250bhp totally inadequate.

I would follow the others recommendations personally, if they say the aero springs plus Billies are good, I'd be prepared to try that, however adding a progressive spring instead of the aero spring might be even better :confused:

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Chris 9-5 said:
I... however adding a progressive spring instead of the aero spring might be even better :confused:
...ditto here...

My advice would also be to cut out all this Aero spring business and get some proper aftermarket performance springs. The Aero springs are not stiff enough IMO and are a marginal improvement at best. Others have praised the Bilstein HD/Aero spring combo, which is probably loads better than the factory Aero setup since the stock dampers are crap anyway. Even the Aero suspension has a LOT of room for improvement. Save your money and get some real aftermarket springs and either Bilstein B8's (Sport in U.S. / Sprint in U.K.) or Koni's. It's probably cheaper anyway. Cheers.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks guy you know something that exacylt what i am going to do i have seen some kits on shox.com aboiut 700-800 I will save up for that.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts