SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Be cautious of this guy Scotmbb107 (Scott MacLean email [email protected]), he tried to scam me out of the $900 i paid him for these wheels. Sent payment on Friday the 12th and he went and sold the wheels to another guy on Saturday the 13th. I havnt heard from Scott since, tried reaching him on Facebook, but he immediately blocked me. currently a PayPal dispute/claim against him where he still isn't responding and his account is now frozen.

stay classy Scott.

·
Super Moderator
31,228 Posts
Be cautious of this guy Scotmbb107 (Scott MacLean email [email protected]), he tried to scam me out of the $900 i paid him for these wheels. Sent payment on Friday the 12th and he went and sold the wheels to another guy on Saturday the 13th. I havnt heard from Scott since, tried reaching him on Facebook, but he immediately blocked me. currently a PayPal dispute/claim against him where he still isn't responding and his account is now frozen.

stay classy Scott.
Above post is part of this thread:

http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=425082

·
Super Moderator
31,228 Posts

·
Registered
4,509 Posts
I messaged him on facebook since we are in the same group to see if any more news has come from this

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Scotmbb107 - Scammer!

Scott MacLean aka Scotmbb107 on here and VWVortex Forums. From Southbury, Connecticut.

SAABCentral Post: http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=425082

VWVortex Post: http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?7038067-FS-19-quot-Turbine-wheels-with-New-Tires-(Excellent-Condition)

paid/paypal'd (luckily) him $900 for a set of wheels he had listed for sale on here and VWVortex forum, transaction went through and was told wheels would be shipped out next week (paid late on a friday night).

exchanged emails until sunday or monday checking the status with no issues. i checked the VWvortex forum the next day to see if he updated this thread saying they were sold and he did..... but someone else replied saying "can't wait to get these on my cc!"

immediately contacted scott to make sure there was a mistake, but turns out he sold the wheels on saturday to another guy who picked them up.

tried emailing Scott, but got no reply, continued emailing him for the next 3 days, again with no replies.

looked him up on Facebook and tried to contact him, he immediacy blocked me. i messaged the guy on the VWvortex forum asking if he really got the wheel and he said he went and picked the up saturday morning, less than 12hours after i paid $900 for them. he also gave me scotts cell number, which i called, but scott canceled the line.

scott told me he was a veteran at selling items, since literally all his posts on VWvortex forum and on here are parts for sale (over 100 post/items on VWvortex, dating back to 2011), so i trusted him, but ended up getting scammed.

luckily the payment was through paypal, so i made a claim/dispute, where scott still never responded, so i received a full refund from paypal, because apparently scott cashed out the $900 within the 3-4 days of no contact. paypal informed me his account would be put into the negative if that was the case and it would also be frozen.

i was very lucky, so hopefully this will save other the possible headache of dealing with this guy.

stay classy Scott MacLean.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sorry guys! totally missed this thread!

yes, got my $900 back from paypal, this was after they gave scott 10 days to dispute my claim, with no reply from him.

i received his phone number from the guy who actually got the wheels and scott cancelled the number

·
Super Moderator
18,995 Posts
Scott MacLean aka Scotmbb107 on here and VWVortex Forums. From Southbury, Connecticut.

SAABCentral Post: http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=425082

VWVortex Post: http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?7038067-FS-19-quot-Turbine-wheels-with-New-Tires-(Excellent-Condition)

paid/paypal'd (luckily) him $900 for a set of wheels he had listed for sale on here and VWVortex forum, transaction went through and was told wheels would be shipped out next week (paid late on a friday night).

exchanged emails until sunday or monday checking the status with no issues. i checked the VWvortex forum the next day to see if he updated this thread saying they were sold and he did..... but someone else replied saying "can't wait to get these on my cc!"

immediately contacted scott to make sure there was a mistake, but turns out he sold the wheels on saturday to another guy who picked them up.

tried emailing Scott, but got no reply, continued emailing him for the next 3 days, again with no replies.

looked him up on Facebook and tried to contact him, he immediacy blocked me. i messaged the guy on the VWvortex forum asking if he really got the wheel and he said he went and picked the up saturday morning, less than 12hours after i paid $900 for them. he also gave me scotts cell number, which i called, but scott canceled the line.

scott told me he was a veteran at selling items, since literally all his posts on VWvortex forum and on here are parts for sale (over 100 post/items on VWvortex, dating back to 2011), so i trusted him, but ended up getting scammed.

luckily the payment was through paypal, so i made a claim/dispute, where scott still never responded, so i received a full refund from paypal, because apparently scott cashed out the $900 within the 3-4 days of no contact. paypal informed me his account would be put into the negative if that was the case and it would also be frozen.

i was very lucky, so hopefully this will save other the possible headache of dealing with this guy.

stay classy Scott MacLean.
The so called "buyer" joined that forum in August. $5 says it's Scott or a buddy. He never had the wheels.

·
Super Moderator
31,228 Posts
sorry guys! totally missed this thread!

yes, got my $900 back from paypal, this was after they gave scott 10 days to dispute my claim, with no reply from him.

i received his phone number from the guy who actually got the wheels and scott cancelled the number
;ol;;ol;

1 - 13 of 13 Posts