SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, car's driving me crazy. I thought it was just brake issues, and that still seems to have been likely some kind of problem, but not what I see I'm having now.

I started the car for the first time after it sitting for a while. Got it back from having timing chains done, and it sat until I did all 4 rotors and pads around a month ago. Did bed-in, that went fine. Car sat again for a couple of weeks.

Tonight I took it on a shakedown cruise. Car was fine for 2 miles on local roads, then 3 on the freeway, and then another 6 on surface roads on the way home, with me convinced it's running great.

Then the car starts decelerating or bucking or some such. Speed limits are 35 in the area, RPMs around 12-1500, and dipping along with the car acting like I'm applying the brakes. Not jamming them on, but obvious to the point that I feel the inertia of the car wanting to move forward, but the wheels not letting it. Enough to make the nose dip, and the *** end rise up a little bit. This is confirmed by my wife, who was driving behind me.

I am getting a P0134 code when I scan. The scanner app also claims I have an MIL, but it is not lit up on the dash. Does the behavior above kind of make sense with this sensor code? I note from teh google that effects of this sensor failing include, "stalling engine, misfire, decreased mileage, increased exhaust smell."

I'm too tired now to look at the WIS, but is this an easy replacement?

Thanks as always for being great.

·
Super Moderator
1,447 Posts
A quick google search of that code says it’s an oxygen sensor not working. Once the engine & O2 sensors are warmed up, the engine uses them to trim the fuel mixture. So if that’s dead, it’ll be an issue you’d notice for sure. Shouldn’t be bad to replace, just use the special socket that has provisions for the sensor pigtail wires. Check the wiring to the sensor location to make sure it didn’t get burned on the exhaust piping too.

Also, if your car is sitting for weeks on end, are you using a battery maintainer of some kind? Those cars get notoriously weird with low battery voltage.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts