SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok this is for an idea that is super crazy,probally unfeasable or just plain "dont even go there"

I have this super chevy magazine that I bought becuase it had several articles on DIY body repair(dent removal,preping a car for paint,etc) anyway they had an article on relocating a 55' chevy bel air's fuel inlet to behind the taillight,and used a motor to power the tailight assembly out so you can access the filler neck.in the process it cleaned up the quarter panel and added a super trick touch to the car.my question is this: could a similar setup be put inplace on a C900?And I dont want to hear a straight no with out some kind of reasonable and logical reasoning.Saab drivers all about being unque and unconventional(pre 9-2X)

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
why go to all that trouble - when you could just have the filler under the boot floor, a'la pre '64(ish)veedub beetle...... although it would probably have to be sealed from the rest of the cabin for safety/mot reasons

have you ever tried taking the rear light cluster out?..... the bumper has a habit of getting in the way - and its a big old unit too, so would be a real pain in the butt

sorry to p!$$ on your fire - just my 2pence (or cents:D )
G

Attachments

·
Registered
5,975 Posts
Anything's possible

Anything's possible with a bit of time, money, bluetak and sticky tape:cheesy: .

There's no reason why not, just make sure that all the wires and electrics around the cluster are well sealed in, you don't want any sparks near the tank inlet.

Maybe worth looking at having the cluster push in maybe or up, really depends on how much stuff gets in the way like the bumper.

Why not give it a go if you've got some spare time, you should be able to pick up enough pipe from a scrapped 900 to extend it back.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I have seen a few cars with it before. One was a Corsa in Max Power. I've thought about doing it as well. Not sure about the motor option, would be more tricky than just a clip to hold it in. I can't see it would be all that hard. If you were any good with metal work I'm sure you could do it in a day.

Good luck! :cheesy:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts