SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone have pics of super aeros painted like the two tone 9000 aero rims. (dark grey center and alloy outer rim?)
just curious to see what it would look like also my car is black if this doesnt look hideous two toned would black be better than that platinum or charcoal color?

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
very impressive thanks for the pics im very interested now. would it be feasible to do them in gloss black for an amature with limited experience and no painting tools

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
up to you, however amature painting well-doesn't always look the best! and gloss black? they will look like your hubcaps fell off when you're moving.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thats the look i want only more of a gloss. i remeber seeing paint on a saab site somewhere specifically for the wheels anyone know where its hiding?

i am practicing on my valve cover before i attempt doing my wheels

·
Registered
18,382 Posts
Orca said:
Better than that ... here's the "GT Aero" special edition. A black car, wearing the dark Aero rims ... how do you like it?

Wow, that car is identical to the 1993 Saab 900 Turbo Commemorative Edition in the USA. Same rims, same numbered plaque. I think there were 350 imported, however. I almost bought #76 but didn't.

·
Registered
18,382 Posts
This model also had a 185hp engine, as opposed to the standard 165hp 900t.

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
900t said:
This model also had a 185hp engine, as opposed to the standard 165hp 900t.
Really? Now that is interesting. Was that for the US as well as Canada? I was of the understanding that in the US (and therefore Canada?) the highest power for the C900 was the SPG after 1990 at 175 BHP. The GT Aero is quite a looker, isn't it? GT Aero sounds a lot cooler than CET, too :cool:

... back to Jeff (and following Cinemarr's picture) .. how do you like this?
They're the deep dish Aeros with the centres painted black. The car is a T8 and used to reside at www.blyfot.nu, but doesn't seem to be there anymore. Blyfot means "lead foot" in Swedish (and Norwegian), by the way.

·
Registered
239 Posts
shaverjeff said:
<snip>
... would it be feasible to do them in gloss black for an amature with limited experience and no painting tools
You may get by with limited experience, but you cannot surmount a lack of tools. The quality of paints available in spray cans (your alternative to a compressor and a spray gun) will make you happy for a few weeks or months, but won't stand up over time.

You may want to visit a local paintshop and see how much it would cost to have them spray it - maybe even powder coat them. IMHO.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I beleive my new car is one of the limited edition 185 hp cars with areo wheels as well. Its a 1994. This is my first post with a picture so I hope it works!

In an atttemp not to totally hijack the thread, Let me say that it is possible to repaint wheels, unless they are proffesionally finished using proper materials they will look poor very quickly if you drive in winter conditions (sand and salt). I have painted wheels with some success but even using the best materials you still should be baking the finish in a paint booth and clear coating to try and keep the finish looking good.

Now for a bit of a hijack, How can you tell if you have the 185hp motor? Mine is a Canadian car bought at a local dealer. It has the tan top, and wood grained instrument cluster. Does the 500 cars include Canada or not?

Attachments

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
First SAAB - yep, that looks like a 1994 CET convertible.

Looks like I did know the 185 BHP engines made it to the US. I've written that they did in the blurb about the CET convertible. Very nice car indeed :cool: Welcome to SAAB Central!

·
Registered
18,382 Posts
Orca said:
First SAAB - yep, that looks like a 1994 CET convertible.

Looks like I did know the 185 BHP engines made it to the US. I've written that they did in the blurb about the CET convertible. Very nice car indeed :cool: Welcome to SAAB Central!
I am unsure if the CET coupe and conv't made it to Canada. Haven't seen one... The one I eyed a while ago was in the US. That said, I know they existed in the US and there is usually one for sale at a extremely high price on Saab Network.

·
Registered
528 Posts
900t said:
Wow, that car is identical to the 1993 Saab 900 Turbo Commemorative Edition in the USA. Same rims, same numbered plaque. I think there were 350 imported, however. I almost bought #76 but didn't.
Super sweet cars, especially if you can find them in good nick, which often times you can as they collectors stole them up... There was one for sale up here at owls head, my girl friend kept saying "i dont see how its any different than your 900", andshes a saab nut too

-Alex

1 - 20 of 22 Posts