SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Saab 9-3
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a 9-3 2000 Saab. The switch for the sunroof was on the fritz, working intermittently, when it of course decided to stop working altogether while the roof was in the open position. Now I’m stuck praying for no rain (in Seattle, good luck).

I saw a mention of a manual close operation but not sure if it applies to the 9-3…is there such a thing and if so how does it work? Happier if it was working but I’ll take closed for now.

·
Registered
8,176 Posts
You may be able to turn the motor with an allen wrench or something... pull off the cover and have a look.

·
Registered
209 Posts
It can be operated manually. There is an access panel above the rear-view mirror and then you use the screwdriver supplied with your toolkit to turn it. My dealer told me about when I bought my 2000 9-3. I'd check your owner's manual for instructions.

·
Registered
2000 Saab 9-3
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
D’oh! Thanks for the pointer, I should have looked there first. Didn’t think it was the kind of thing that’s be in there.

I got lucky, and it closed with the switch finally, but good to know there’s a manual way. It says to use a screwdriver but not what kind. Looks like it might take a flathead - but the comment about a wrench and toolkit had me wondering.

·
Registered
18,898 Posts
D’oh! Thanks for the pointer, I should have looked there first. Didn’t think it was the kind of thing that’s be in there.

I got lucky, and it closed with the switch finally, but good to know there’s a manual way. It says to use a screwdriver but not what kind. Looks like it might take a flathead - but the comment about a wrench and toolkit had me wondering.
I don't know what it takes to operate the roof, but there should be a handle with two shafts in the trunk/spare tire area... in the foam storage thing. If not, PM me, I have sets for sale cheap, new and used.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts