SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What can i do to secure this, the motor is dead and it will not close all the way...is there a handle or something.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
Yes. It should be clipped into the overhead console under the clip-on plastic cover. Carefully remove that, I think by sliding it backwards, and then unclip the shiny metal angled wrench you'll find there and insert the hex end into the center of the motor spindle, you'll see the hex socket easily. Turn the correct way to move the sunroof the way you want, one way closes (and eventually tips up the back edge of the roof if you go too far), the other way opens it.

If a PO has lost or kept the magic wrench then find an allen key of the correct size and use that. It will need a metric allen key and probably the T handle allen keys will work most easily.

The power seats also have an emergency handle/wrench in the tool kit if memory serves for the same reason. Handy Swedish self help devices.

Be aware that this might not be your problem. Inside the sunroof tracks are cams that push up the rear of the roof just at the closing point, these may not be pushing up far enough.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
those pics make the car look badly..i can not wait till spring so i can wax it, LOL.

Anyhow thank you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts