SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just retrofitted the sunroof to a 3door 900. Now I am looking for the interior linning for the roof. I found one 4 door seda, that is slightly different in the edge, but I think I can adjust it. The problem is that it has not any place in the center for the courtesy light. My question is if in a 4 door car there is no courtesy light in the center of the sunroof, I will appreciate if someone with a sunroof car 4 doors could help me. Regards

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
All '87 (or was it '88?) cars have the same dome light in the middle and roughly the same sunroof. The lining is just a piece of headliner material secured to the interior surface of the sunroof.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Today I received this 4 door sedan and has no dome light place, I think it might be the lighting somewhere over the pilars. Can anyone with a 4 door saloon post a pic or clarify this. Regards

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
Earlier cars - all cars - have a dome light at the edge of the headliner near the b-pillar, not in the middle. It moved to the middle for all cars in '87 or '88. Earlier cars have a switch in the light to control its behavior; later cars use the switch in the center console.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, great now I understand I have an 88 and I bought a flat nose lining. This sunroof is driving me crazy any step cost me twice.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts