SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a dripping from where the rear view mirror goes into the overhead console/headliner. I have previously cleared my drains and when I open the roof I don't see any water pooling in the channel.

Any ideas or where the leak is originating. I am totally baffled and it is dripping on my center console and radio. It generally shows up mostly when I am braking.

Thanks.

·
Registered
867 Posts
If you are sure your drains are clear, I would suspect a leak at the top side of windshield.
But I would check the drains again.

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
With your sunroof open slowly pour some water around the drains to verify they are clear and see if it leaks at the same time, could rule out windshield.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK, My drains were clogged. However I am very frustrated. I found the rear drain vents under the car and one was clogged. Those are fully clear now.

However, I can't find where the front drains exit ANYWHERE. I was able to get water to flow through but it seems to be coming out from a seam under the car behind the rocker.

I looked behind the wheel in the wheel well, all around the rocker panel etc. I just can't find it anywhere. Does anyone have a picture. I have searched and can't find one.

I really need help on this one.

Thanks

·
Registered
867 Posts
It comes down into the fender area and drains thru the fenders, might be going to the rockers from flowing there.
trying to find a pic or if it is in the WIS

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks. I have pulled back the fender liner and just can't locate. If you have a pic or a specific place to look it would be such a big help.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Thanks. I have pulled back the fender liner and just can't locate. If you have a pic or a specific place to look it would be such a big help.
Ok I went and looked at my 03 9-5 parts car. It has the fenders and the rocker covers off.
I could not see it anywhere inside the fender or along the rocker, the only thing I can think is it drains into the "A" pillar and finds it way out. The drain comes down the A pillar but it does not appear to have any outlet visible. I did find a rubber plug at bottom of A pillar but it did not seem to plug anything???
I could not find it in the WIS either.
Anyone else?

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you!!!!!! I thought I was crazy! It is in fact draining through the pinch welds but it made no sense to me that there wasn't a drain tube like in the back!

I spent 2 hours rolling around under the car, shoving wire down the drain tube, pumping it with a turkey baser (which did unclog it eventually), pouing bottles of water into the drain channel and then ducking under the car to figure out where it was going (out the pinch welds) trying to find a drain tube!

This is the best piece of information ever, wish I had it last night!

Thanks again for the help.

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
I get a slight leak where the shark fin is, gonna seal it up with some silicone for now cause I cant seem to find a replacement antenna cheap :/

1 - 16 of 16 Posts