SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Maybe 2 out of 3 times that I close my sunroof, it stops when it reaches the wind break / spoiler, and I have to reach up, put it down with my hand, and then close it quickly before it pops back up. Anyone have an idea? I was thinking about just oiling whatever mechanism is up there. I haven't taken a good look yet, because it's more of a tiny annoyance than a real problem. I do feel silly when I have someone in the car and I have to keep manually assisting it, though.

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
538 Posts
mine does this too, it makes a little crack noise when it opens, and closes. it seems like the right side of the rubber seal doesnt get pushed down when the sunroof is about to close.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We're doomed.

I guess I'll have a buddy sit in my car and try to close it repeatedly while I inspect it. Will let you know what I find.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Guys I have the same issue, i believe and this is just what I have heard around the block, there are 2 clips that are connected to that windvisor and if one or 2 go bad the pinch settings seem to go all funky and think its not closing quick enough so it opens back up, i bought mine like this and the dealer refused to have it fixed or take any money off, lucky for him i really fell in love with my aero so i bought it anways, what i have found is if you need to shut it shut it while moving preferably over 20mph and the wind will push it down enough to shut it with out touching it i do get annoyed and just got used to sticking my hand out the window and holding down the wind visor

1 - 4 of 4 Posts