SaabCentral Forums banner

Sun Sensor question 2006 9-5

156 8
While looking into a LH side temperature concern, i came across the Sun Sensor readings. I found that that the front and left stay on .01v. While the back, top and right fluctuates between .08 and .30.

Is this something to be concerned with?

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11,511 Posts
I would guess that a low voltage says that there is little light shining on that side.

It's a sun sensor, so I would think a garage overhead light or something won't do very much, compared to how bright the Sun is. However, you could try shining a bright flashlight at the sensor from various directions, and see what happens.

·
Registered
11,511 Posts
How warm is it outside? Are you running in full AUTO mode, or do you have ECON operation?

It's possible that your A/C is getting low on charge, and that removes cooling on the driver side first. If you have it on, then if the A/C cuts out, the air will get hotter on the driver side.

·
Registered
11,511 Posts
That outside air temp reading is way off? Then that will affect how the system tries to head air.

If it does this funky stuff with the A/C off (ECON or whatever it is on the newer ACC) then that means low refrigerant isn't the deciding factor here.

I think you will have to keep watching on the Tech II for what the climate control thinks it needs to do. Either it is getting bad information and acting on that, or it's acting randomly, or it's acting reasonably but the HVAC complex isn't responding properly. Those are the three choices I see here.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts