SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Should i get a Summit Racing Glasspack Muffler?

Glasspack muffler on sale
i was wondering if this would be worth the 20 bucks, i have a hole in my current stock '84 N/A 8v muffler. any insight as to if i should, if it would work, and if i would gain anything

·
Registered
245 Posts
I ran a Walker straight thru on my turbo 900 for a while when my original muffler went bad, and it was fine, but can't say I noticed a lot of difference. Wait! .... now that I'm thinking, the mileage was better with the straight thru - about 11 L per 100 km, regardless of speed ;) Now with a Saab muffler on it, its gone up somewhat to about 11.3 L per 100 km - seems to improve when I drive faster; inverse relationship! ;)

Go for it, might even sound better than original.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well mileage is not a problem, mine sucks anyway, no matter how i drive it stays the same, so if i can get a better tone while fixing the leak for twenty bucks, even better. thanks for the input though

·
Registered
123 Posts
well mileage is not a problem, mine sucks anyway, no matter how i drive it stays the same, so if i can get a better tone while fixing the leak for twenty bucks, even better. thanks for the input though
Lets us know how it turns out. I'd like to know what sound you get. I'm also in the search for a muffler.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
I would not suggest putting a glass pack on an N/A. You know how your car sounds right now with a bad muffler, all loud an crappy? Magnify that same sound by 5 and there you go. A glasspack really only works on a turbo because the turbo changes the sound of the engine going to the exhaust. I would say no glasspack on an N/A.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts