4,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd start with a fifth of Jack Daniels with a coke, but that's just me. :cool:

·
Registered
174 Posts
SectorNine50 said:
I'd start with a fifth of Jack Daniels with a coke, but that's just me. :cool:
psh, jack daniels is for wussies. get yourself some makers mark or woodford reserve.
i apologize to anyone hurt by my hijacking this thread

·
Registered
203 Posts
pdenton said:
psh, jack daniels is for wussies. get yourself some makers mark or woodford reserve.
Or you could be REAl men, and get some REAL ale down yer. Come over here and try some session beer like Woodfords Wherry or some fall over beer like Adnams Broadside.:lol: :lol:
Pete

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
pdenton said:
Haha oh I have Makers Mark from time to time, but I sometimes can't afford the more expensive stuff, then I go for Evan Williams or Green Label Jack which is awful...
P.S. I hijacked it first! :cheesy:

GONE FISHING said:
Or you could be REAl men, and get some REAL ale down yer. Come over here and try some session beer like Woodfords Wherry or some fall over beer like Adnams Broadside.
Mmm I'm always down for a good beer, but sometimes whiskey just seems so appetizing... :p

We need to get Kermit some good stuff though, I'm not so sure he should be cleaning his throat with carb or throttlebody cleaner... :eek:

·
Registered
174 Posts
SectorNine50 said:
Haha oh I have Makers Mark from time to time, but I sometimes can't afford the more expensive stuff, then I go for Evan Williams or Green Label Jack which is awful...
next time see if you can find woodford reserve, its $30-40 for a 750ml and 100% delicious. as for beer, i cant say i have great taste but i do love me some spaten and sam adams.

anyways, if you do for some reason need a new TB, i happen to have a rebuilt and never used/still in the box TB that i'd be willing to send your way for far less than the $460 they want for a new one :x

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
pdenton said:
next time see if you can find woodford reserve, its $30-40 for a 750ml and 100% delicious. as for beer, i cant say i have great taste but i do love me some spaten and sam adams.
Thanks for the advice! I'll definately keep my eye out for it.

·
Registered
11,030 Posts
SectorNine50 said:
We need to get Kermit some good stuff though, I'm not so sure he should be cleaning his throat with carb or throttlebody cleaner... :eek:
Absolut vodka for me please, just to prove that Saabs are not the only good thing to come from Sweden. (apart from the women that is) :cool:

Failing that, a bottle of absinthe will go down nicely.

·
Registered
230 Posts
My choice is also for Woodword Reserve and/or Makers Mark. :cheesy: I tend to drink more Makers's because its more affordable. Although, I can just as easily go for an Absolut on the rocks. :D

Cheers!!
Paul

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Beer: Nothing beats a Chimay red label. Belgian beer all the way.

Hard stuff: A nice older Patron tequila on the rocks ain't half bad either...

G

·
SectorNine50 said:
Recently got a bottle of Ten High bourbon for $6.88 at the local grocer. I tell ya, it's not bad.

·
Registered
5,774 Posts
With the exception of a Bloody Mary (No I'm not 80 years old!) I don't like hard alcohol. I like dark beer and good red wine.

There is a time and place for boozing and it's called College :)

·
Registered
174 Posts
irish carbombs are quite interesting if you've never had one.
get yourself half a pint or so of guiness and a shot of baileys. plop the shot in the guiness and drink fast. its actually quite good if you don't let it curdle.

And for all of those who can do hard liquor on the rocks, i tip my hat to you.

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
hey pdenton, youre from kentucky.. not too fond of your bourbon?

I'll take makers on the rocks, followed by a pint of magic hat #9.

G

·
pdenton said:
irish carbombs are quite interesting if you've never had one.
get yourself half a pint or so of guiness and a shot of baileys. plop the shot in the guiness and drink fast. its actually quite good if you don't let it curdle.

And for all of those who can do hard liquor on the rocks, i tip my hat to you.
Ahhh, the classic bar drink I vaguely remember from college. However, I think Budweiser and bourbon was used. Interesting touch is to light the bourbon before you drop it in the beer.

The ice really kills the taste of bourbon and whiskey. It's better to drink it at room temperature with maybe just a bit of water. Unless you're drinking the cheap stuff because then you really want to kill the taste... ;)

·
Registered
91 Posts
A very large Macallan Eleganzia with a similarly large Montecristo No 2 cigar.....sheer heaven.

The ice really kills the taste of bourbon and whiskey. It's better to drink it at room temperature with maybe just a bit of water.
A man after my own heart Wulf !!!

·
Registered
203 Posts
It looks like I'm in a minority again. One of the few with a 3.0 V6 petrol SE.

and the only one on this side of the pond that drinks REAL ALE !!!!:lol: :lol:

Pete

1 - 20 of 27 Posts