SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the Saab reporting 101F today (38.3C) and the weather app confirming 100F (37.8C), I've found that it really makes a difference in the 9-5's cooling system performance to clean your radiator (and everything else sandwiched in there) once every other year or so. The first time I did this I actually noticed a pretty dramatic improvement in overall cooling system performance.

Light Communication Device Font Screenshot Clock

Unfortunately you have to take the bumper, air hose, and horns (x2) off, but it's really not that hard. Front bumper removal on the 2006+ is pretty simple. I don't think it's too bad on the older cars, either.

Then all you do is get yourself a hose and a spray bottle of Coil Clean. This is an outside job. Spray down your radiator & co. with a bunch of Coil Clean, and let things sit for 10-15 minutes. Hose everything down thoroughly (but gently, DO NOT use a pressure washer) with a hose. Enjoy boosted a/c performance. Even in the 100F raging inferno my 9-5 is still keeping the cabin fairly nice and cool even after the car sat out for a bit.

Stay cool out there, and don't forget to hydrate!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts