SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gents:

Every once in a while I smell an electrical smell - my 4 year old son thought it smelled like his rocket engines - sort of sulpher like. I don't know if it was my car or something outside. I have noticed some oil leakage along the bottom of the motor but the oil level doesn't seem to change. (must be a very fine mist of oil probably from the infamous pcv valve/hose).

Any ideas?

DI's are new. Turbo?

Also, the acceleration curve is sort of uneven. Instead of a smooth increase in rpm, it seems to have flat spots - I replaced the spark plugs and it seemed to help but it's back - could be just cold though. It seems to improve as the engine gets up to speed.

Oh, it's a 99 95 V6 turbo. And we have crappy gas in Wisconsin.

·
Registered
54 Posts
sounds to me like a catalytic converter. the smell of hydrocarbons burning smells like sulpher which is an ingrediant of fireworks also. its a fairly normal smell.

·
Registered
11,030 Posts
Try running with the ACC set to recirc, this will prevent outside fumes entering the interior. Any smells that do occur then have to be of your cars making, most smells that do occur tend to be PCV related (degraded pipes, blocked check valve).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts