SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys have a blu 99 viggen thaat the engine recently blew on do to a leak in my radiator hose......i have the engine out now .and am trying to decide what to do with the car......i was think of sellig it with some of the mods such as fmic nordic stage 3 ecu ,suspension,nice turbo piping,
Code:
gauges,and more ....im not sure if any one is interested or not?? but also i was think of building it with forged pistions a perfomance head (built) and bigger turbo.any sugestions on performance parts or selling it?

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
It takes a lot more than just a leak in a radiator hose to destroy any engine, there must be more to this..

IMO, were I younger, I would repair it myself, using the best in parts..

BTW, Viggn, welcome to SaabCentral..

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Want to sell some of the speed parts, maybe the ecu and a dp if you have it? I'm right down the street from you... Sorry to hear about you engine.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
could would the ecu even work for somone els?how do i get to it anyway...taking off the dash?...ive been looking into baking he engine ...main bearings .....building the rest myself....more than likely will but i want to learn more like what turbo fits best ...intercooler cams to fit

·
Registered
5,905 Posts
The engine blew from a horrible mish mash of performance products, "Stage x tune, Electronic boost controller blow off valve"

Nick at genuine has had some good luck using T5 cams (found in ng900s) on his viggen. I think delorean is also running an 85 900 exhaust camshaft in his 9-5.

If you rebuild the car, make sure to catalog all the stuff that goes in, so you can get a tune for the proper hardware. Whether is be stock or T5 cams.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Dont paniiiiiic, it should hopefully be back online tommorrow. UKS is offline for a complete software upgrade overnight. The thread I linked to is well worth reading for anyone contemplating a viggen rebuild.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
im pretty set on building it.. ive got 5 k now and am working 13 hour days and half days on my days off to make it happen.......i figure i will bake the block and get new main bearings put it by the shop...fix my crank pistons sensor.....je forged pistons...i havent decided but im curius about the Lesco Stage II T7 Cylinder Head on saabnet posted with a 235engine(i need a head considering i would have o have my old one inspected b/c it overheadted so why not just get a better one) and just keep getting help and advice on parts on building the head ....turbo....gt30 im not sure i still need to sit down and do alot of reading up of how every part will work with eachother and advice fromm you guys is he best especialy to read people who did it themselves...i dont want to sound like a power junky becuase i want to know this car thinks and everything about it....but power is nice...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts