SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
11,140 Posts
mg_td said:
a v6 would sure help
Mwwwwahhhhhh!!:p

Blackice, once you do the other mods, then you might want to think about a Saab Sport exhaust. These are 2.5 inch pipes (I think) and will really give a nice deep tone.

Turbos don't usually have the same exhaust note as N/A cars because the turbo chops up the exhaust pulses and somewhat deadens the sound. If you delete the center resonator and put the Saab Sport pipes on there, it's going to howl.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
indeed, my first post on the matter was none too helpful, i was feeling funny, :cheesy: our cars just arent going to make that sound, but they will make a delicious, and for me preferable, sound. the saab sport exhuaust is a 2.5 inch stainless steel cat back unit, no resonator, and a straight through muffler, makes a nice deep idle sound, and a good braaappp on accell, though its a deep turbo four sound, and not a v6ish one. its not too expensive either.
335 from www.genuinesaab.com

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
You're talking about the stock G35 exhaust, right? The one that is sort of the low rumble? Yeah, the saabsport would be the most similar, at least in tems of the rice-o-meter. Its loud enough, without being dumb, much like the g35. So in other words, its a different sound, but in the same leauge, you know?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Stromer I understand what you're saying. MG- that sports exhaust on genuine saab is for 94-98 models only. I have a 2001. Any ideas for under $400?? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
does anyone else here think the 350Z and G35 have the EXACT same exhaust tone?...They are both made by the same people, but if i wasnt looking at the car, i couldnt tell the difference.

·
Registered
10,325 Posts
Beneath the sheet metal, the 350Z and G35 coupe are the same car. I'm sure they use the ame engine, exhaust, brakes, and everything. The G35 is just the gentleman's version. :D

·
Registered
243 Posts
Jeremy R. said:
Beneath the sheet metal, the 350Z and G35 coupe are the same car. I'm sure they use the ame engine, exhaust, brakes, and everything. The G35 is just the gentleman's version. :D

Well a lot of the parts are the same, but the engine is tuned a little higher and the output from the G35 is more. The exhaust is different but you can get a replacement for either car from Stillen. The G35 sounds meanier than the 350Z and there are other differences in how they are executed. And for the price difference I would buy the Infiniti. I may be a little biased since I sell Infiniti's And the G35 Sedan with 6 speed manual is quite a little number in itself, its just to bad that they don't make an awd sedan with manual.

:cool:

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
The Z is at 287hp right? What's the G? I thought the wheelbase on the G was a bit longer since its a 2+2? I dunno, just assumed.

I too like the G35 sedan with the manual trans the best. A very nice peice for sure.

I recently read a tech article in Import Tuner about the GReady turbo kit for the Z. It adds like 100 hp with twin turbos only at about 5 psi. It really is bolt on with a complete package of parts. Included is a nice big intercooler which looks great behind the large opening in the Z's front bumper.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
[email protected] the G35

and the new 350z is [email protected] but thats the anniversary edition.

so the output is a little higher on the Z, but i would deff take the G35 sports coupe.

as for the exhaust, could you take the muffler from the g35 and weld it on to get the closest sounding tone?

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
cpenning623 said:
as for the exhaust, could you take the muffler from the g35 and weld it on to get the closest sounding tone?
did you read the rest of this thread? its not mufflers that make the noise..:roll:

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
lol. woops...yea i kinda skimmed it a little....sorry

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
For 2005 the Z went from 287 to 300. The G went from 278 to 298.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts