SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently bought a 2009 9-3 Sportcombi 2.0T with a 6 speed manual. I didn't realize at first but it seems the intake valves have gotten weak (common issue for this engine in the 2009 year). Do I need to replace them with the same ones from factory? Or is there any other better options that'll last much longer?

·
Registered
6,433 Posts
I just recently bought a 2009 9-3 Sportcombi 2.0T with a 6 speed manual. I didn't realize at first but it seems the intake valves have gotten weak (common issue for this engine in the 2009 year). Do I need to replace them with the same ones from factory? Or is there any other better options that'll last much longer?
LNF valves if available 08-10 cobalt or LSJ 05-07

·
Registered
'08 stick kombi B207R
58 Posts
Is it not starting in the cold? I just bought one too, and it seems fine so far. Knock on Wood!

·
Registered
90 Posts
I know thank eeuroparts have replacement intake valves

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is it not starting in the cold? I just bought one too, and it seems fine so far. Knock on Wood!
so far it's started in -40 Celsius every time, but sometimes it just starts up a little slower. I've noticed that the symptoms of the common bad intake valve issue had started so I'm just looking at what options are available. Hoping there's better options that are safe to use so I don't have to change them again anytime soon

·
Registered
90 Posts
so far it's started in -40 Celsius every time, but sometimes it just starts up a little slower. I've noticed that the symptoms of the common bad intake valve issue had started so I'm just looking at what options are available. Hoping there's better options that are safe to use so I don't have to change them again anytime soon
Well the reason they’re bad is cause they were made out of a soft material. My 07 has the same issue. But it only struggles to start at around 10 Fahrenheit. I actually had a bsr intake with a stage 1 tune and it would die right after starting it sometimes. I put a stage 3 on it and it starts right up every time now. Except when it’s super cold.

·
Registered
90 Posts
But these Saabs are pretty inline with most eco tech motors out of the Cobalts. Their performance website like the other commentor mentioned would be a good fit. I heard they have really good timing sets and springs as well. But the kits like 400$ for titanium

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
But these Saabs are pretty inline with most eco tech motors out of the Cobalts. Their performance website like the other commentor mentioned would be a good fit. I heard they have really good timing sets and springs as well. But the kits like 400$ for titanium
money would be well spent if it works, I also plan to go for stage 3, so whatever the best option is, is what I'll go for

1 - 9 of 9 Posts