SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got this car a few weeks ago and love it!

Current Mods:

Black plasti-dipped grill, black dipped bumper reflectors, and black dipped rear chrome emblems

25% tint (still have to install back window tint)

Planned upgrades:

JZW stage 1 PPC tune
BSR intake (is there a cheaper intake available?)
Silver turn indicators (model?)
Silver Side indicators (model?)
Silver Daytime running lights (model?)
Cut rear bumper, cut muffler down and intall exhaust (what is a cheap, nice-sounding exhaust?)
Saab roof rack w/ fairing (what is a good-looking fairing?)

What do you guys think of these planned upgrades? What should I know about these going into it?

Any changes or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Got this car a few weeks ago and love it!

Current Mods:

Black plasti-dipped grill, black dipped bumper reflectors, and black dipped rear chrome emblems

25% tint (still have to install back window tint)

Planned upgrades:

JZW stage 1 PPC tune
BSR intake (is there a cheaper intake available?)
Silver turn indicators (model?)
Silver Side indicators (model?)
Silver Daytime running lights (model?)
Cut rear bumper, cut muffler down and intall exhaust (what is a cheap, nice-sounding exhaust?)
Saab roof rack w/ fairing (what is a good-looking fairing?)

What do you guys think of these planned upgrades? What should I know about these going into it?

Any changes or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
These are all simple upgrades, minus the exhaust, which can be simple too. All can be found with a the search function. I'd include links, but with the device I'm on it would be too much work :lol: 2 i can think of off the top of my head, search for "Chrome indicators" and "roof rack: what's needed?" also, for a good lighting reference site to know which bulbs to get, google " Saab lighting guide" should be the first site linked. Also look into replacing your front emblem, there is a guy on ebay who has some nice replacements.

Will post back with more info if you have trouble, once I'm on my computer.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Cheaper Intake = DIY

Silver Front and Rear Turn Bulbs = PY21W

Silver Parking Lights/Side Turn Indicators = W5W

Roof Rack = Saab OEM Cross Bars and 38" Thule Faring

Nice Exhaust = Genuinesaab.com

Overall you have a really nice car! Enjoy!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the help. If i upgraded the intake, could I expect a significant HP gain?

·
Registered
581 Posts
intake mod is easy if you don't mind cutting up the airbox lid as the air temp sensor is built into it and is needed and the tube isn't perfectly round either...but the noise benefits could be addictive.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the suggestions so far. Good info. Just picked up a Thule saab roof rack with fairing at at pawn shop for $50. Score! Ill install it once the summer riding season comes around.

Would Black Plasti-dip be worth it/good looking on the current stock 16" rims? I don't want the car too 'murdered out' but I'm wanting to make these stock rims look a bit more aggressive. New rims are out of the question for me as of now.

Painted Trunk Spoiler, front and rear chrome-turn indicator bulbs, carbon fiber emblems, and lamin-x tailight tint film are on the way.

I'm currently sticking with exterior mods before I get into intake and PPC tuning. Im still deciding if spending $700 on a JZW will be worth it.

I'm also getting things together for a DIY intake. My main issue is making a substantial heat shield.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have all the parts for the DIY intake-installing this weekend.
Chrome indicators are on the way

Installed clear side indicator bulbs
New license plate light bulb
Vinny mod

In the near future: LED interior lights...do they make a bluish white?
JZW PPC

Please excuse the dirty car.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts