SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started the car this morning and pressed the WB button almost immediately. It didn't switch to Weather Band.

It's always worked in the past. The AS button beside works fine, as do all the other buttons.

Even if there is no weather band station that it can immediately pick up, SID should show WEATHER BAND, and then possibly NO WEATHER BAND. Instead it just keeps whatever source is currently selected.

Turning the car off and back on didn't help. I guess I could pull the radio (or its fuse) and reinstall. I'm not sure there are any Tech II diagnostics but will check WIS later.

·
Registered
8,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Phooey. Tech II shows no EHU errors. Pressing WB button shows "Button pressed ON" in read values. Also, turning the unit on while pressing WB does get me the setup for volume, loudness, speed dependent volume, etc.

So button works fine. EHU simply has decided to not switch to weather band (obviously it sees the button pressed if Tech II can see that as well).

I have another EHU but its tape section is having some tracking issues. Maybe I'll pop it in anyway. -19º C this morning. Always good to have an up to date official weather forecast.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts