SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2000 Saab 9-5 (V6 turbo) had been running perfectly fine until today. I came out of the store and backed out of my parking spot not noticing anything different. Then, when I shifted into drive to take off, I hit the accelerator and it barely even reacted. I had to push the accelerator pretty hard just to get it to crawl into the next parking spot to check it out. It just had almost no acceleration. At this point I noticed the check engine light had come on. I went from reverse to drive a couple times to no avail and even if I shifted down into 1 or 2 there was no change.

So I shut the engine off let it sit for 1 minute and turned it back on. Still same problem and now a bit of a clicking noise (almost like baseball card in the spokes type of noise) coming from the engine. Check engine light still was on. I gave up and stood around for about 20 minutes thinking about calling a towing service. Then after those 20 minutes, I decided to start it back up. Check engine light had gone away. This time there was no clicking noise and I pulled out of the spot with everything operating completely normal. I drove it about a mile back home and it ran perfectly - as if nothing had happened.

So my questions is - has anyone else had something similar to this happen? Or have any ideas as to what could cause this? I plan on driving it to work in the morning, but am a little worried about ending up stranded somewhere. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts