SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Only have one key. It hasn't powered the locks since I got car a year ago. I assume battery is dead. Is there an easy way to get new battery and get it working?

·
Registered
740 Posts
Batteries (1632??) are available in supermarkets, on the high street. auto spares shops etc. Opening the key is a pain - there must be YouTube vids. With new battery you might have to press the unlock button 5 times in quick succession to establish comms.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
But 1632 battery hard ty find in this location. Phoned around all afternoon ...only found "possible equivalent "1620.

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
But 1632 battery hard ty find in this location. Phoned around all afternoon ...only found "possible equivalent "1620.
The issue with these batteries is that the number is the actual physical size.
So, 1632 means that it's 16 mm in diameter and 3.2 mm thick.
The 1620 is 16 mm round and 2.0 mm thick which may not be thick enough to securely hit the contacts inside the key.

But, I guess we should start with which model year your 9-5 is (all in one key, or separate key and fob)? They take different batteries from what I found.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had a 6 pac of new larger diameter, 3 v batteries, bought 4 years ago for a car that's gone. Checked voltage, still 3+, so I taped one onto the dead 1632 in series. Works perfectly.

·
Registered
5,761 Posts
Key not accepted is IMMO warning and has nothing to do with fob battery.
Battery is ONLY for remote, key itself have chip for IMMO.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Only have one key. It hasn't powered the locks since I got car a year ago. I assume battery is dead. Is there an easy way to get new battery and get it working?
Or, it's the security module under the drivers seat. Had same problem, went to ebay for a new module and key. Switched internals and reprogrammed the module.

And it worked.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts