SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all

I'm looking to source a replacement subframe as mine has some damage from curbing. I have a '97 900s 2.3 n/a 5sp manual and I wondered if anyone can tell me whether 9-3 or automatic 4 cylinder subframes would work so I can try checking a range out from different scrap yards.

Many thanks in advance,

Steven

·
Registered
10,597 Posts
According to the EPC, the original 900 part was superseded to the part used on the 9-3, so the subframe should be interchangeable from 1994-2002.

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
According to the EPC, the original 900 part was superseded to the part used on the 9-3, so the subframe should be interchangeable from 1994-2002.
This makes sense, these two models use the same body shell. There probably will be some unused holes.
Change the mounts while you are at it, the rubber deteriorates over time .

·
Registered
10,597 Posts
There aren't any subframe mounts, but you may want to replace the sway bar bushings. They're only accessible when the subframe's off. This would probably be a good time to drop your oil pan and clean off the pickup screen. It's easy with the subframe off.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Good call on the anti roll bar bushings, I was thinking of dropping the sump while there, good to know great minds think alike.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts