SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 06 9-3 2.0T that has a stutter when I accelerate too much. If im light with the pedal it has no issues but if I give it too much gas it stutters. It almost sound like a rev limiter or something. Any idea on what this could be? No cel or warning lights

·
Registered
20 Posts
I picked up an ‘07 2.0T a month ago that had the same problem without a CEL. Turned out just to be incorrect spark plugs.

These cars must have the NGK PFR6T10G plugs. No, don’t use anything else, even if it’s NGK. Also make sure they are gapped to the correct spec, as too large a gap will cause the same issue you describe.

While checking the plugs, check to see if there’s oil on them. These cars develop valve cover gasket leaks that can start to contribute to this as well.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I replaced the spark plugs and it’s doing it a lot less but still does it in second. i’m thinking coil packs maybe?

·
Registered
652 Posts
you need to really load the engine down by up shifting or find a long stretch of uphill road. Keep in the boost and eventually with enough misfires the ECM will store a misfire code.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts