SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I created this thread a while back and have been dealing with having a bit of a broken car for a while now.

My car seemingly works perfectly fine when you drive it calmly. However it suffers a weird stuttering, when your in say 3rd or 4th and floor it.
As the car tries to get going it stutters.

However if you feed the power in gently then it will go as fast as its meant too.

I did also make this thread with some ODB2 error codes I'm getting, which makes me think the two are related.

On advice in the previous thread I have change all the spark plugs and all the ignition coil. No luck.....
The only thing I've changed recently is the battery after mine died, I however was given one from a friend who had one on the shelf, tbh I never checked thoroughly if it was sufficient, although it works pretty perfectly at running everything else. (and he said it was the right type)
Do spark plug use battery power or alternator power under load?
I have checked the air filter, which is fine. The only other things I can seem to find Googling is that it could be waste gate related.

So I'm asking for any advice or ideas on what it could be, related to these things. Maybe battery, ecu, wiring loom (which looks fine on inspection)

Getting a little frustrated and I'll probably take it to a garage soon, as it's beginning to get annoying not being able to drive it like I stole it.

Thanks.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I've had similar issues: first time the issue was a broken intake tube. Second time it was an ignition coil even though I swore I'd ruled it out. It ultimately took another Saab owner who had known good coils that I could swap in.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Plugs NGK PFR6T or D-10G.. Are they oe coils..any codes..
Yep the correct plugs. They are original coils from another car off ebay, only thing could be that they are also bad, but I doubt it and frankly I'm not gona spend another £100 odd quid testing that theory, just yet.

It's was throwing these codes at one point but I cleared them to see if they would come back... I will check again which have and report back...

B3057
Raw code: B057
ECU: SDC/SRS
Status: Current DTC, Test not passed since DTC cleared, Test failed since DTC cleared, History DTC, Test not passed since current power up, Current DTC since power up
ECU Programming Failures: theft/security data not programmed [0x48]
============2==============
B1023
Raw code: 9023
Status: Test failed since DTC cleared, History DTC, Test not passed since current power up
Algorithm Based Failures [0x57]
============3==============
B1000
Raw code: 9000
Status: Test failed since DTC cleared, Test not passed since current power up
General Electrical Failures [0x00]
============4==============
B1000
Raw code: 9000
Mechanical Failures: actuator stuck [0x61]
============5==============
B1019
Raw code: 9019
General Electrical Failures: voltage above threshold [0x07]
============6==============
B1019
General Electrical Failures: current above threshold [0x0B]
============7==============
B1019
ECU Internal Failures: EEPROM failure [0x36]
============8==============
B3057
Raw code: B057
ECU: HVAC (Heater, ventilation, A/C)
Status: Current DTC, Test not passed since DTC cleared, History DTC
ECU Programming Failures: theft/security data not programmed [0x48]

The most worrying being the general electrical failure and EEPROM (whatever that is)

·
Registered
49 Posts
If you have a second set of coils, swap out one at a time & go for a short drive after each one. That's how I figured out that both my old set AND my spare set had one bad coil.

They go bad frequently so I would not at all be surprised if the other set you got off another Saab had a bad one.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you have a second set of coils, swap out one at a time & go for a short drive after each one. That's how I figured out that both my old set AND my spare set had one bad coil.

They go bad frequently so I would not at all be surprised if the other set you got off another Saab had a bad one.
Can't harm I guess. I'll give it a go.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’m having exact same issue on a 2010 9-3 biopower 2.0T.
missing/Stuttering when try to accelerate fast from cruising and sometimes when driving slow to try and go fast.
Everything feels like the missing is spark/electrical or fuel supply but if I change down manually and go high revs it performs fine.
Going to change plugs, then coil packs and see how that goes But it’s not a huge issue when driving normally so in no rush.
would be great to hear your progress. Cheers

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've been dealing with this lately. Another thing I found was a broken PCV hose (hard plastic emissions tubing). I changed that and it still misses. I have seen any other missing or broken tubing.

Good luck on your stuttering Saab. If you figure it out, please let us know so I can fix mine and sell it.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I recently had a MAF sensor do the same thing. It would stutter on full acceleration and had just changed both plugs with ngk pfr6t which I tried at both 1.0 gap and .8 gap. Then 4 new Saab branded coils from ORIO. Then tried the MAF from other car and that fixed it. Ordered a new MAF from ORIO and put it in that car and its been fine for a month.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Carfixer, Did your MAF sensor throw a code? The code that keeps coming up is P0300.
Thanks for the info.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts