SaabCentral Forums banner

361 - 375 of 375 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
I'll ask one more stupid question.

Do most of you end up taking the bunting (?) off from the hood? Mine is starting to fall off in places and wondering if worth keeping or just as well remove it.

The padding on the under side of hood when you lift it.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I'll ask one more stupid question.

Do most of you end up taking the bunting (?) off from the hood? Mine is starting to fall off in places and wondering if worth keeping or just as well remove it.

The padding on the under side of hood when you lift it.

I've been thinking about it. My driver side has been falling off for years. I've been meaning to either fix it or take it off but it's one of those things you don't notice unless the hood is up (for me at least)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16,841 Posts
A few guys have reported paint problems from the heat after removing it, and some have reported no issues at all. Maybe it depends on the climate you are in... :confused:

·
Registered
79 Posts
I recently did td04 swap on my 99 9-3. Question - At what stage do I need an upgraded cobra pipe? I already made 3" Turbo back exhaust and tuned stage 3 but im afraid im starving the turbo of air. Not necessarily feeling as fast as i expected.

·
Registered
16,841 Posts
I recently did td04 swap on my 99 9-3. Question - At what stage do I need an upgraded cobra pipe? I already made 3" Turbo back exhaust and tuned stage 3 but im afraid im starving the turbo of air. Not necessarily feeling as fast as i expected.
Did you upgrade your intercooler?

From what I remember, the cobra isn't needed until you're shooting for over 275HP. But drop a line to Nick T... He sells the pipes and always dyno tests his stuff to see where it makes a difference. If you are thinking of the '06 9-5 part for the upgrade then you will need to machine the turbo.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Did you upgrade your intercooler?

From what I remember, the cobra isn't needed until you're shooting for over 275HP. But drop a line to Nick T... He sells the pipes and always dyno tests his stuff to see where it makes a difference. If you are thinking of the '06 9-5 part for the upgrade then you will need to machine the turbo.

Yes intercooler is upgraded. I think I may just need to do some live tuning perhaps? I didn’t put in a race cat, but just a universal 3” catalytic. Maybe that’s a restriction too?

I’ve seen the GS upgraded pipes but $$$ I might do some silicone bends and a pod filter before I go that route. So 275, BHP I assume?

·
Registered
16,841 Posts
275 is "as I recall". I think Nick said the stock intake filter was good until about 300HP.

I don't know if the cat would be a restriction of not... beyond my knowledge. Where did you get your tune?

·
Registered
79 Posts
275 is "as I recall". I think Nick said the stock intake filter was good until about 300HP.

I don't know if the cat would be a restriction of not... beyond my knowledge. Where did you get your tune?

It’s stage 3 from the tuning wizard in T5 suite - with extra modifications (I.e. injector constants, E85 timing modifications, t7 bcv adjustments, etc.) I’ve been fiddling with the suite and have yet to install a wideband. Once I add the wideband (which I have but just haven’t installed) I’ll be able to do some live tuning, which will take out all the guess work I suppose.

·
Registered
35 Posts
18t 6cm, internally mods required?

My question, If I was to upgrade my turbo in my '01 Viggen to the 18t w/ a 6cm exhaust housing would I/should I also have to upgrade to forged pistons?

I have a 6cm off a 9000 aero and was just going to swap it onto my 15t prior to tuning, but once I have the turbo out I was toying with the idea of swapping the wheel at the same time (I know the compressor housing would need machining in order for the 18t to work)

·
Registered
98 Posts
On a viggen, how the eff do you get to the vacuum hoses on the throttle body? Still not boosting much and trying to start with the basics.

Shopping list for a home made boost tester? Where's best to plug in?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
500 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
My stupid smog question

I am eager to upgrade my ECU but my stupid question is: are these changes smog legal in California? Or, more accurately, will these changes affect my ability to pass the smog check? Like the 3" downpipe and exhaust along with the ECU remap? Would like to go stage 2.

·
Registered
52 Posts
The ECU tune isn't an issue, the SMOG computer won't pick up on it. I smogged my car with a Stage 1 tune. HOWEVER, your SMOG tech may be upset and may fail you for physical mods to intake and exhaust. Some will let it slide.

361 - 375 of 375 Posts