SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had to my 93 going on 3 years now. When I first got the car it had the original setup of the headlights always coming on as the DRL's with the switch not doing anything except dash lights. This past summer I found someone an hour away with a Tech 2 willing to change it to the European setup allowing me to use the light switch and have complete control of my exterior lights. Now since then I have never used my fog lights until today , but something isn't right. When the light switch is in the off position and I turn it once to activate my dash and outside markers lights I am able to turn on the front and rear fogs, when I then turn the switch over once more for the headlights the front fogs turn off and I am unable to activate them, but the rears I still have control of? Is this what is supposed to happen when the headlights are set as euro or has the guy not done something properly during the setup?

Thanks

·
Registered
51 Posts
I am not sure about European settings, but in the US fog lights are coming on with low beam on, but are not allowed (will switch off) if high beam is activated... Fog lights can also be turned on when just the parking lights are on (middle setting of the headlamp switch on the dash). That's how they work on my 2008 9-3.

·
Registered
5,459 Posts
Sounds like the Tech 2 settings are not correct. You should post the question in the Tech 2 sub forum.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes the front fogs will always turn off with the high beams on, but I'm talking about when the regular/low beam lights are on. I push the button for the fronts and nothing happens, but the rears work.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Probably a good idea Av. Thought I would start here first.

·
Registered
4,298 Posts
Yes the front fogs will always turn off with the high beams on, but I'm talking about when the regular/low beam lights are on. I push the button for the fronts and nothing happens, but the rears work.
The Tech2 setting is not correct. U can chose A) fogs only in position 1 B) fogs in position 1 & 2. There is also a country setting where u can have the fogs on with the high beams, but it's illegal here I think.

·
Registered
417 Posts
So if Police is chasing you and you want to hide in the dark with all of your lights turned off but with engine still running of course, what Tech II settings would that be?

·
Super Moderator
8,927 Posts
I am not sure about European settings, but in the US fog lights are coming on with low beam on, but are not allowed (will switch off) if high beam is activated... Fog lights can also be turned on when just the parking lights are on (middle setting of the headlamp switch on the dash). That's how they work on my 2008 9-3.
exactly the same here in the uk also...;ol;

·
Registered
200 Posts
So if Police is chasing you and you want to hide in the dark with all of your lights turned off but with engine still running of course, what Tech II settings would that be?

I can turn all lights off exept the rear parking lights with key in igntion. I didnt see any setting in the tech2 to turn them off.

·
Registered
4,298 Posts
I can turn all lights off exept the rear parking lights with key in igntion. I didnt see any setting in the tech2 to turn them off.
In order to deactivate the rear DRL parking lights, u need to Tech2 the REC (rear electrical center) and turn them off there.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Great. So I have to track donw this guy and make an app sometime in the future to get him to fix this. I like to have fogs in blizzards.

·
Super Moderator
1,966 Posts
The Tech2 setting is not correct. U can chose A) fogs only in position 1 B) fogs in position 1 & 2. There is also a country setting where u can have the fogs on with the high beams, but it's illegal here I think.

It is illegal correct, I have my fogs set to work with hi/lo beams and just parking lights on their own if wanted.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts