SaabCentral Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I realize that what I am about to ask about is stupid, dangerous, and any mature person who knows better and values their own and others lives should not attempt it.

However, someone told me that my car (MY2003, 9-3 2.0t) would govern out at 125. Well, one night last summer I decided to test it on a long, straight, dead road. I hit 125 and there was no sign of stopping.

The selfpreservation side of me kicked in and forced my foot to move to the brake pedal and return to safe speeds.

Last night however... the urge to open it up hit me again. This time I was determined to find the max speed. This time I hit 135. (I had the speed alarm set at 134, it went off and accelerated for just a tad bit more)

Once again, the mature part of my mind kicked in and made me realize how foolish I was... and returned to normal speed limits.

Although I enjoy spirited driving from time to time... I'm not a speed freak. Thus common sense has now prevailed... and I thought I would just ask on this forum how fast the car can actually go.

G

·
You're done, banned from the forums forever..! :cheesy:

The fastest I went in my 2.0T was only 125 mph (200 kph) but that was in Germany. Even without speed limits, I feel uncomfortable at those speeds especially with other traffic around. But is sure gives a rush. :cheesy:

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
U guys r even lucky to have that bit of stretch where u can try this. This place is so small that there is no road long enough except for one bit near the airport where U can actually goto 200kph for a few seconds if U r lucky to hve it free. I did ONCE :cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.