SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I just bought the 07 9-3 sedan (100,000 miles) and I have a weird issue that has popped up. So if the gas tank goes below half, the engine starts to stumble and go on safe mode. I would turn it off and then on again and it would work normal for a few starts then it would stumble again and go in safe. I ran the scanner and its saying all 4 injectors are shot. But what I dont get is why it works normal when the tank is over half and starts to run poor under half.. Code says injectors but can it be just that? thanks

·
Super Moderator
20,206 Posts
Have fuel pressure checked, but my guess is bad ECU and you are just trying to find correlation with gas level with it happening. Neither will be a cheap fix.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the advice.. I got the codes open circuit on all 4 injectors and the boost sensor code.. but I replaced the boost sensor today and all 4 injectors and I replaced the spark plugs pregapped at .09 but it's a stock engine. I tried this before sending the ecm for repair and now its stumbling at all times. I think you may be right, the ecu is the culprit.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Also when I opened up the injector area there was no injector cups on any... found that weird. Do some models come without them? Is it ok like that?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah I'm sorry man.. I just had to try something else.. but I dont get why there isnt any injector cups in there? I guess the cups go up to the 2006 model?

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
As long as urs doesnt have it, keep it like that ..

What is the chance that 5 components (a valve and 4 injectors) would break at the same time .. thats the methodology of thinking

1 - 10 of 10 Posts