SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey oh,

so I started into replacing the O-Ring on the back of my water pump (a replacement job in itself that I finished about 6 months back) and was feeling quite comfortable. I had located the leak and was going to fix it once and for all. Then I got stuck.
When I replaced the water pump before I had to do some tricky maneuvering to get the hard turbo intake out of the way. Now I can't seem to get it figured out at all. The 10mm bolts won't back out w/ a wrench (I'm actually worried about the one closest to the engine as it feels like there is some play in it), I can't get my ratchet and head in the small opening and the extension that I thought I had relied on before seems to be my best grasp at some bad straws.
My question is are there any tricks out there that I am missing? Is it possible w/ the tools I just mentioned, or am I just frustrating myself w/ futility? Do you have to do them in some order or is whatever works okay? I have read that it may be possible to get the water pump out w/o removing the hard pipe, but this doesn't seem to be the case. In a perfectly cromulent world I would have figured this out and been done w/ it hours ago. I do appreciate any help/ideas
-sam

·
Registered
85 Posts
I just did my water pump and o-rings my self. I was wondering the same thing and I did not want to take out the intake pipe either. I am not sure how you would get to that bolt properly with out removing the turbo intake pipe. That is what I ended up doing. It was simple and saved a ton of time.

Since you already replaced your water pump once how did you get around that pipe the first time?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's the thing - I can't remember. Neither does my friend who was helping. I remember the 10mm bolts giving us trouble (possibly something we made for ourselves) but that is about it. What did you use to remove the bolts? Wrench? Ratchet? I can't get a ratchet around it in the tight space. And the extension doesn't give me enough room either.
I'm trying to work it out going towards the engine, but the front (engine side) bolt seems to have some play in it. Any suggestions in case it is stripped? Did you do them in any order? Just running on fumes and looking for any new ideas. Thanks
-sam

1 - 3 of 3 Posts