SaabCentral Forums banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
6,159 Posts
Sad news. I hate bs parts. PS maptin sent me pro parts strut mounts. I am in shock. Complained. They say pro parts have improved as they had issues. I have not not gone any further on this. Busy with other things May buy Something locally.

·
Registered
5,635 Posts
Sad news. I hate bs parts. PS maptin sent me pro parts strut mounts. I am in shock. Complained. They say pro parts have improved as they had issues. I have not not gone any further on this. Busy with other things May buy Something locally.
That totally sucks!

·
Registered
9,600 Posts
The picture that eSaabparts shows for the 02+ strut mounts is the original Boge mount, but they're only available in Sweden at the moment, unless some dealer has a couple in stock. I sure wouldn't believe that ProParts has improved the quality of their parts. The cars these go on are up to 18 years old. Why would they only now be improving parts?

·
Registered
703 Posts
I've used KYB in the past on my old 02" and 05" 95's and they outlasted the vehicles in both cases. I had them each in for a couple of years.. never made any noise, stayed stiff, no tearing. And I used the bearings in the kit which had no issues. I've used KYB for years across several manuf. vehicle lines and never had any issues with any of them.

They're better than Monroe and Gabriel tenfold, definitely not Bilstien or even Sach's quality but they are a very solid Japanese brand.. unless you are going OE, if its an imported brand I'd strongly recommend KYB.

As a matter of fact I have to order another set for my new to me Aero but I'll be getting struts as well so it'll be a little bit. No sense in just doing mounts.

·
Registered
6,159 Posts
Kyb not available locally. Neither Monroe. Moog yes , but most expensive of all. FML
I get those and try some durometer tests on the rubber to compare to pro parts.

·
Registered
6,159 Posts
Lol I use the Rock auto site to check part numbers so does my local ac Delco dealer. I didn’t want to screw with shipping customs US dollars etc. This way it’s easy , delivered and I can handle a few extra dollars; and I can even return the parts if they don’t look alright

41 - 47 of 47 Posts