SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I am looking for strut mounts. I have found some on ebay made by "VOLIG" and "ABA"

Anybody heard of these and know if their any good.

I read that the URO ones are crap.

I may just need to get the originals despite the price

·
Registered
10,466 Posts
I've bought a few brands of strut mounts and bearings recently. Here are my thoughts on what I've had:

Monroe mounts and bearings, bought from RockAuto: Bearings seemed nice and smooth, but one mount failed within a few months. Made in Taiwan.

Boge/Sachs, bought from RockAuto: Very expensive, looked to be poorly made. The bearings were extremely rough feeling. One mount was made in India, the other in China. I returned them and didn't even use them.

Febi mounts, bought locally from CarQuest: Seem to be nicely made, and are made in Germany. They're currently on my car and work fine. They don't come with bearings, but were fairly cheap.

SKF bearings, bought locally from CarQuest: Made in France, OEM bearings. Very nice.

NAPA bearings: Made in Germany, a slightly different style than the CarQuest bearings, but very smooth and seem to be high quality. Unfortunately I dropped one and cracked the housing, so I have one of these on my car and one SKF bearing right now.

·
Registered
18,949 Posts
I just bought some Moog mounts - very nice. Made in India, which is usually a warning sign, but if no one told you that you'd think they were OEM. Heavy duty metal like the originals, nice bearings, clean and well machined. Come with bearings. I had a question about them (long story :) and I was even able to call Moog on the phone and spent some time talking to a very helpful tech in the USA.

About $68 at Rockauto. Kit is K90281, ignore the fact that Rock Auto lists it as "convertible". Or get them at Amazon for a few bucks more with free shipping.

FYI - if you are doing your mounts, replace the zinc "spacer" at the bottom of the springs - they are designed to wear out and prevent rust as it does, so replace them. You should also be replacing the axle nuts, tie rod end nuts, and ball joint nuts if you do it by the book.

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
FEBI mounts are the ones to use

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just bought some Moog mounts - very nice. Made in India, which is usually a warning sign, but if no one told you that you'd think they were OEM. Heavy duty metal like the originals, nice bearings, clean and well machined. Come with bearings. I had a question about them (long story :) and I was even able to call Moog on the phone and spent some time talking to a very helpful tech in the USA.

About $68 at Rockauto. Kit is K90281, ignore the fact that Rock Auto lists it as "convertible". Or get them at Amazon for a few bucks more with free shipping.

FYI - if you are doing your mounts, replace the zinc "spacer" at the bottom of the springs - they are designed to wear out and prevent rust as it does, so replace them. You should also be replacing the axle nuts, tie rod end nuts, and ball joint nuts if you do it by the book.
I guess I will go with the moogs!
I have been slowly accumulating parts for my suspension overhaul. The car has been terrible absorbing bumps and has all these rattles and squeaks from underneath.
I plan to keep this car for awhile unless something serious goes wrong with the transmission or motor
any chance you have a part # of those zinc spacers?

·
Registered
18,949 Posts
I guess I will go with the moogs!
I have been slowly accumulating parts for my suspension overhaul. The car has been terrible absorbing bumps and has all these rattles and squeaks from underneath.
I plan to keep this car for awhile unless something serious goes wrong with the transmission or motor
any chance you have a part # of those zinc spacers?
zinc spacers are 47 79 724, 2 needed, $11 list

Most everything else should be reusable on your car.

If you can get the nuts off the sway bar links, you can put new bushings and nuts on them and you are all set - but if they are rusted tight you'll have to cut/break them off.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts