SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Stupidly did not notice wipers were on and Frozen to windshield. Motor works fine and the arms are all intact and working..

Mounting pins are stripped as are the wipers
馃槪

Registered
Discussion Starter #2
Stupidly had wipers on while Frozen to windscreen... Mountings stripped....
Any thoughts or ideas how to fix?

Thanks

Registered
We used some universal windshield bushing inserts from amazon I think on one of our Saabs and it worked for many years and eventually sold that car. I think that's what you're talking about.

Registered
If the linkage isn't connected Dorman makes a universal bushing kit. However, if the splined shafts that hold the wiper arms are stripped and can't be tightened, then a new wiper transmission is needed.

Registered
If the linkage isn't connected Dorman makes a universal bushing kit. However, if the splined shafts that hold the wiper arms are stripped and can't be tightened, then a new wiper transmission is needed.
Thanks... that's where I'm going .. tried a few things like tightening, cleaning splines on wiper arm and shaft/pin, a locking glue..

Registered
We used some universal windshield bushing inserts from amazon I think on one of our Saabs and it worked for many years and eventually sold that car. I think that's what you're talking about.
DO the bushings go over the mounting pins (splines) and help grab the wiper arm? I tried to find a diagram online but couldn't. Thanks
*sorry I'm a bit ignorant at this:unsure:

Registered
No. The replacement bushings are for the linkage 鈥渂all joints鈥 that are part of the wiper transmission assembly under the windshield cowl. You鈥檇 need them if the linkages separated from wear.

If the splined shafts that the wiper arms attach to are stripped and tightening the arms doesn鈥檛 work, then you鈥檒l need to replace the entire assembly.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts