SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was washing the 04 vert yesterday after a truck sprayed crap on it and noticed some stress cracks in the lower section or the rear bumper, just off to the passenger side where it seems to be resting against a frame member.

The stress fracture lines aren't very noticeable unless you're up close, but I have to assume that they'll get worse over time. It covers a 2"(50mm) x 12" (300mm) area.

Does anyone else have this? I'm just wondering if it is from a design flaw or a bumper bender...

Is there a cosmetic patch to seal/hide/repair the cracks from the outside to buy some time till it needs replacement? Paint will probably telegraph through in a short time.

Would it be better to remove the lower bumper and apply epoxy/glass on the inside first..??? any tips, hints or advice?

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
I was washing the 04 vert yesterday after a truck sprayed crap on it and noticed some stress cracks in the lower section or the rear bumper, just off to the passenger side where it seems to be resting against a frame member.

The stress fracture lines aren't very noticeable unless you're up close, but I have to assume that they'll get worse over time. It covers a 2"(50mm) x 12" (300mm) area.

Does anyone else have this? I'm just wondering if it is from a design flaw or a bumper bender...

Is there a cosmetic patch to seal/hide/repair the cracks from the outside to buy some time till it needs replacement? Paint will probably telegraph through in a short time.

Would it be better to remove the lower bumper and apply epoxy/glass on the inside first..??? any tips, hints or advice?

Do you have pictures? Do you want to repaint it? You can glass it to add strength if you want and repaint. It's up to you what you want. I dont have anything on my car

·
Registered
168 Posts
I would recommend that you refinish your bumper cover. Its not cheap, approx $600. I don't think touch up paint will look very good and it won't solve your problem.
Pictures would help a lot.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts