SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple years ago I found what I thought was the correct housing for making speaker adapters - the matching "tab" side of the connector. Well, I lost that. I'm getting close, though.

Yeah, this is the receptacle side we already have, but I'm getting close.

It appears this is part of the "economy power" line of low insertion force connectors.

Now I just need the tab side.

·
Registered
6,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
This all seems accurate, and there is a ready source of these tab housings under the power seats of any NG900/OG9-3. Imma junkyard some.

·
Registered
6,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Starting to think I imagined finding the OE version of this connector. Nothing in TE's catalog looks like this style of connector, and I can't find even an approximation of it via Google. Noteworthy, the only marking either side of this connector is SAAB, so maybe it was something in house? IDK.

·
Registered
6,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If someone wanted to build a speaker adapter, you'd need:

Saab 12795968 (tab connector housing) - you can find these under OG9-3 power seats in junkyards. There are other sources as well
TE/AMP 962841 or 962842 (tab terminal, 17-20awg or 14-16awg resp.)
.205 female quick disconnect - speaker +
.187 female quick disconnect - speaker -
Some wire

I don't know why you'd wanna do this vs. just cut off the Saab connector, but if you wanted to, this is how.

I suspect the reason the aftermarket never produced such a thing is because that housing is apparently unique to Saab, so no 3rd party source for an aftermarket to draw on. Kinda interesting. Maybe. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts