SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning I found our 2008 9-3 2.0T Sedan with the front windows and sunroof fully opened. It had rained very early this morning, and there was substantial water in the car. When I spoke to my wife about this, she told me that the car has done this a few times before, but not been soaked like this. The openings are un-commanded. Yes, I know about the "Comfort Opening" command using the Unlock button on the remote. This is not it, because Comfort Opening will fully open all of the windows and half open the sunroof. Has this happened to anyone else and is there a possible cause?

·
Super Moderator
20,204 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What it appears is that there is spurious activation of Comfort Open (uncommanded) at random times. Can this mode be turned off? The sun(moon)roof switch now appears to have been killed by water. I had to use the screwdriver method to close it.

·
Super Moderator
20,204 Posts
Tech2 needed.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The sunroof seems to be working again. Now the drivers door window controls have quit. The control module is now inside a ziplock bag with uncooked rice to dry it out. Don't laugh. It works for cell phones. Another problem is that the ignition switch doesn't spring return from the start position.

·
Super Moderator
20,204 Posts
Both are toast.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I hear you on the ignition switch. The WCM now has restored operation of the driver's window switch, but other 3 still out. I put it back in with the rice. Cell phones usually take 2-3 days to dry out. It can't hurt. Was broken already.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Update

The driver's door control module now has 100% functionality. The rice trick worked. However the ICM is toast. Part is on order. Next is to get the comfort mode disabled.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts