SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have re-balanced the new tired, got the car aligned and there is still a vibration in the front end. I know this could be a plethora of things but any thoughts? I am thinking wheel bearing but upon inspection they had no play or sound but I can't track this one down as of yet.

G

·
More info is required if we are to help you!!

Does it vibrate at speed, idle, corners, all the time, some times, vibrate fast/slow?

Thanks!!

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nothing at idle. More noticable at lower speeds. Once above 55mph it is hardly detecable. You can really hear it upon decelleration. It is not a warped rotor type of sound. It actually doesn't make the car or steering wheel vibrate like a rotor would so it seems more like a whel bearing type of noise but mot as auduble as a typical wheel bearing failure. I had one of those go on my old spg and it was very loud and very quick to happen.

Hope this helps. I am stumped.

·
Registered
73 Posts
bad motor mount?... just a guess... but i drove a 9-5 once and it would only vibrate (horribly) at lower speeds) during acceleration/decelleration and it was a broken motor mount...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Perfect timing with this post... I have the Exact same prob, just got new tires/alignement and rotated tires to no avail.

Please keep up if you find anything, i am going to check my wheel bearing and motor mount tonight.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello

Did you have any luck resolving this?

I have had a nasty vibration in the front end for about 6 months now. Mainly through the passenger seat but also slight vibration in the drivers seat and steering wheel at speeds of 90km/h ++. The car has 150k on the clock.

I have had the tyres/wheels checked and aligned, shock absorbers and springs checked and all came back ok. In my last service I asked them to check it and they said the hub was a bit loose and they tightened it but this had no effect.

Im running out of options so if anyone has some ideas that would be appreciated.

·
Registered
18 Posts
What happened with mine was a bent wheel on the passenger side (which went flat on my thanksgiving trip across state) and a bad wheel bearing on the drivers side.

The vibe is much better now, but still there (prob from bent wheel).

Have your mechanic check the wheels bearings; if there is a heavy jiggle in your shifter (manual) it might also be a motor mount.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts