SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving home on Friday when the Check Engine light started flashing. I did not perceive any notable power loss or rough running, and was unable to pull off the road right away. The light flashed for about ten or twenty seconds, and then stopped.

The light then stayed off.

I got home (another half hour) with no recurrence. I remembered to put an ODB II reader on it Saturday morning before starting out. The code was P1300, and the freeze frame data had the engine doing a bit over 2000 RPM, 91% load, and 50 km/h. The emission monitors were amber for incomplete, instead of red for failed.

Anyway, I drove under 200 km on Saturday, including picking up a Tech II. When I put it on, there were no codes stored for Trionic. I put back my ODB II reader and it was green for all monitors passed. :eek: I did look at the misfire count--it's been a while since that was reset--and they were between 800 and 2200 on the different cylinders. I have no idea if that's good or bad. I zeroed the misfire and knock counters.

What I find odd is that a P1300 should leave the Check Engine light on, but it was not on, even immediately after it was flashing. And the emissions monitors completed really quickly. Finally, I certainly did not feel like the car had serious misfiring going on.

Very strange. :confused:

·
Registered
9,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Huh, flashing CEL happened twice, again westbound on Eglinton Ave. (so maybe if I just avoid that street?). Once again, after flashing, the CEL light was off. Code was P1301 this time.

The emission status was not ready--one or more monitors had yet to complete. (I forgot to note which monitors were not complete. :nono;) At the end of another 45 minutes of slow driving, no more stored codes, emission status ready, with all monitors passed.

Tech II did indeed show more misfires on cylinder 1 than on the others.

I've started with the easiest thing, swapping DICs and resetting the knock/misfire counters. If this doesn't help, I'll swap plugs.

I'll note that this has not happened before. Engine has been running code-free for almost two years.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts