SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I'm holding at around 2500 to 3k and the turbo is at like 7/8 up in the green zone it makes this like humm or a hoooooot sound. Its like air passing by a hose or something. Kinda like if you swing a hose around in the air. Can anyone help? Idk if it means something major is wrong and its really annoying.

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
When I'm holding at around 2500 to 3k and the turbo is at like 7/8 up in the green zone it makes this like humm or a hoooooot sound. Its like air passing by a hose or something. Kinda like if you swing a hose around in the air. Can anyone help? Idk if it means something major is wrong and its really annoying.
your diverter valve is failing and thats the common sound when it goes bad....its hooting at ya :lol:

this is the location of it and you want to replace it with either stock valve....can still fail on you or go for a forged diverter valve similar to what I and many others have

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
The replacement you should look for is a "Forge" diverter valve, that is the name of the manufacturer. The 007 is the one you want, they are about twice the price of stock, but very well built and extremely reliable! A good place for this would be www.genuinesaab.com

The diverter valve is not actually FORGED out of molten metal or anything like that...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks

Thanks for the help. How serious is this? Im gonna get a replacement asap. Can this cause a big problem? Should I not drive till its replaced?

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
not that serious... when it's on it's way out it will hoot and just be annoying, call it a warning... when it fails completely, it will throw a cold and you will not hold boost/vacuum, but the car will still be drivable

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the help. Not to be annoying but i have another question. I have a service alarm message. If i lock my car the alarm randomly goes off. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
the batteries are dying in your alarm module... you can replace them or take the module out (and no longer have an alarm). Search in the general 9-5 forum, lots of info...

again, search tool is your friend!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey, I've been having the same problem! Thank goodness for this forum. Thought i was nuts. But anyway, i found this Forge Splitter Diverter Valve.

Forge Splitter Valve

Has anyone had any experience with this thing? From what i read, we have to have a recirc feature on our Saabs, but this could be a good compromise for sound, too? Apparently, the Blow off portion can be blocked off via plug, too. What do y'all think?

Miles

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
replaced valve with 007

I got a 007. The pressure wasnt holding tho. I could hear it open early like in the becoming of the yellow zone on the gage. I called forge they told me to go up a spring now its back to the wayshop it was before I had any problems. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Im not sure if these work on saab cars. I know a couple of people that have vw 1.8t and they use this. I don't know if this will throw a low boost code on saabs. I use the forge 007 and have a open filter on my car and I can hear the turbo pretty loud.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts