SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought my 2000 9-5 wagon about 3 weeks ago. I get a strange smell when accelerating, but only when I can hear the turbo spool up.
It kinda smells like oil but at the same time not, maybe even dust?
Could it be the turbo itself? The heater is not on, nor is defrost for windows. Any help would be good, Thanks!

·
Registered
541 Posts
Just bought my 2000 9-5 wagon about 3 weeks ago. I get a strange smell when accelerating, but only when I can hear the turbo spool up.
Could it be the turbo itself? The heater is not on, nor is defrost for windows. Any help would be good, Thanks!
could be many different things... from exhaust gas to coolant or oil burning... hard to tell

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
could be the blow by oil within the turbo itself, as the bearings wear oil starts to get past and ends up inside your intercooler as well as the exhaust. I would pull off the turbo cobra pipe and check for oil there as well as check for shaft play within the turbo.

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
At any time do you see smoke coming from under the hood/engine?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts