SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I think I've got a strange one here - I've got an 88 vert, 900i - when I turn left, I get a strange rattle from the rear of the car - sort of sounds like something is rolling around in the boot - but the boot is empty.

This only happens when I turn left and providing I'm doing over about 5kph (i.e. doesn't happen when I turn the steering when stationary or parking) and is consistent to the extent that if I was to drive in a left turn circle it will keep doing it until I stop turning. Turning right is noise free!

Also, it doesn't seem to happen on long - sweeping curves - such as on a the highway, and is most noticeable when turning into a street or at a corner.

Anybody got any ideas? :confused:

·
Registered
739 Posts
I had a simular theng with the company car recently (subaru) nothing in boot at all. It sounded like a ping pong ball when i was going around corners. Turned out that the locking nut for the wheels had come out of it's packing and had landed on top of the spare wheel. It was running around the rim then when it got to the valve it stopped until i went around another bend then it would start again. Drove me crazy for about a week.....Take everything out of your boot including the spare and see it it does it then hope this helps:cheesy:

·
Registered
536 Posts
Mine was making a similar noise for a while, turned out to be the rubber bumpers that hold the muffler had broken! So when I turned, the muffler rattled against the car.
Good luck!
:D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts