SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
My car started to make a particular noise a few thousands miles back and it sounds like it's getting worse. It's a bit difficult to explain but I'll try.

The strange noise is only there when the gas pedal is depressed a little bit, like when the car is coasting and you accelerate just slightly. The sounds goes away when you push the gas quite a bit more or when you take your foot off the gas altogether. The sound is also very noticeable when the car goes through a dip in the road. But maybe that's because my foot slightly depresses the gas pedal when that happens.

The noise is hard to describe but my first thought was that it sounds like those Huey helicopters they have in the tv-series Mash but it's less pronounced. It seems to come from the right side of the engine/car but that's sometimes difficult to determine.

My car has 90K miles on it now. The serpentine belt was changed recently but not the idler pulleys. Could the problem be the pulleys? I guess they should be changed anyways at this mileage but I was wondering if anyone has a different insight or diagnoses.

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
Nah, it couldn't be something "minor" like crankshaft bearings or other engine internals, could it? :cheesy: :roll:

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
Wulf said:
Nah, it couldn't be something "minor" like crankshaft bearings or other engine internals, could it? :cheesy: :roll:
wheel bearing?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts