SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

I was pretty sure I had an inactive account here, but I've rarely used it, so perhaps I got purged. :)

I have recently acquired a 1995 NG900 SE V5 2.5 with a flaky NPS to repair for a friend who lost her vehicle. I replaced the NPS, and drove it for about 50 miles. No problems.

It ran a few more times, but now is acting quite odd:

It will crank, but not start. I checked the plugs, and they're wet, but don't see a spark.

In the process of troubleshooting, I've changed a relay (LHD) L, with the K relay, as they were both the same. It still won't work, but now L will 'trip' while still holding it at start (relay trips multiple times while cranking).

I assume this is likely a bad ground somewhere - but - and this is the one that confuses me.

Now, my instrumentation doesn't work - the odometer will give current mileage when I press the button and the system is off, but when turned on, I only get the 'christmas tree lights' display on the dash, and the SID will not go through diagnostics.

I have a spare 2.5L ECU that I could kick into the car, but I'm not really sure where to proceed. I've been told to check the ignition switch - and although that is about the only part of the car that is NOT torn off, I can't readily do so due to weather conditions.

Thanks for any assistance - and hopefully - a schematic, if anyone has one readily available.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Hi Everyone,

I was pretty sure I had an inactive account here, but I've rarely used it, so perhaps I got purged. :)

I have recently acquired a 1995 NG900 SE V5 2.5 with a flaky NPS to repair for a friend who lost her vehicle. I replaced the NPS, and drove it for about 50 miles. No problems.

It ran a few more times, but now is acting quite odd:

It will crank, but not start. I checked the plugs, and they're wet, but don't see a spark.

In the process of troubleshooting, I've changed a relay (LHD) L, with the K relay, as they were both the same. It still won't work, but now L will 'trip' while still holding it at start (relay trips multiple times while cranking).

I assume this is likely a bad ground somewhere - but - and this is the one that confuses me.

Now, my instrumentation doesn't work - the odometer will give current mileage when I press the button and the system is off, but when turned on, I only get the 'christmas tree lights' display on the dash, and the SID will not go through diagnostics.

I have a spare 2.5L ECU that I could kick into the car, but I'm not really sure where to proceed. I've been told to check the ignition switch - and although that is about the only part of the car that is NOT torn off, I can't readily do so due to weather conditions.

Thanks for any assistance - and hopefully - a schematic, if anyone has one readily available.
it does sound like a grounding issue, there should be some grounds near the battery, and more on the side wall next to your left foot on LHD Saabs.
My WIS does not cover anything before '98. so no diagram

1 - 2 of 2 Posts