SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About two months ago I broke the socket that the headlight plugs into on the passenger side of my saab. I order the part from my saab dealer and just recieved it this morning. First of all HOLY SH*T is that thing hard to install. I thought it would take me about 5min to install. But no ... it requires complete disasembly of the headlight. Two hours and a lot of cursing later I finally got the darn thing rewired and installed and guess what? No headlight. But here is the oddity the highbeams work. Ok I thought must be the bulb I happened to have an extra and popped it in. Still no light. I then tested the bulb on the drivers side it worked fine but not on the passanger side. I am completely stumped why would eveything but the regular low beam headlight work??? I can't even begin to think of what could be the problem. Obviously not a fuse problem, Not a wiring problem since I just replaced it and the high beam works, and not a bulb problem. Any guesses!?

I have to say I have dropped nearly 2k into this car in the past two months and am beginning to seriously contemplate putting it out of its misery.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Believe me it has been done!

You say it is obviously not the fuse. The offside and nearside dipped headlights do have separate fuses. LH is number 6 fuse, and RH is number 7 fuse in the engine bay fusebox. Inspect, and try swapping the fuses around, and renew if necessary - 10 amps.

Then, of course, think about the relay (unlikely).
HTH

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I forgot to thank you for your correct advice. I am a fool and did not know the headlights have seperate fuses in the engine bay. That was the problem. Gotta love 28 cent fixes! Thanks for the help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts