SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have always had some interesting electrical issues with my SAAB. However the one that recently started happening concerns me. At first it seemed like whenever I made a sharp left turn the brake light on the dash would illuminate and eventually the center dash warning light with the "!".

Now it is happening more intermittently than just making left turns. I wonder if there is a loose wire or something.

Attached is a pic of the illuminated light. Where should I begin my search for this?

Thanks in advance all!

Attachments

·
Registered
779 Posts
Have you checked the brake fluid level?
winner winner chicken dinner. +1 to start with fluid level.

One thing a lot of people don't understand is your brake fluid level 'max' mark is the level the fluid should be when you have all new pads and rotors. As the pads wear, and the pistons extend out of the calipers more, the fluid level should be allowed to drop. Most minimum marks, and the corresponding low fluid warning, are calculated to correspond with pads that are in need of replacement. When you push the pistons back in to fit the new pads, the fluid level will rise back towards the max mark.

Pet peeve: topping up the reservoir between pad changes: then when you push the pistons in you either have a big mess, or have to suck fluid out...

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Have you checked the brake fluid level?
winner winner chicken dinner. +1 to start with fluid level.

One thing a lot of people don't understand is your brake fluid level 'max' mark is the level the fluid should be when you have all new pads and rotors. As the pads wear, and the pistons extend out of the calipers more, the fluid level should be allowed to drop. Most minimum marks, and the corresponding low fluid warning, are calculated to correspond with pads that are in need of replacement. When you push the pistons back in to fit the new pads, the fluid level will rise back towards the max mark.

Pet peeve: topping up the reservoir between pad changes: then when you push the pistons in you either have a big mess, or have to suck fluid out...
Going to check brake fluid level ASAP! Thanks for the replies.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
there was a service bulletin out on this very issue, I'll dig thru the WIS for the fix saab came up with.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.