SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, the other day I was getting out of my car, and accidently touched the brake, when I noticed something weird, that whenever I touched the brake, my lights would go on*headlights* and my radar detector would turn on. Nothing on panel lit, but power seats work while brake is pressed. This is weird since the keys weren't in the ignition. Any insights?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Wow that is quite strange i have had some issues like that with my detector as well when i honk the horn or turned on the wipers it would detect laser only thing i could come up with was the close proximity of the relays (not saab diffrent car) was causing the issue.

·
Registered
11,030 Posts
Have you "hard wired" the radar detector into the car? It could be upsetting the complicated wiring that Saab employ for all the different warning circuitry.

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
That's kinda weird, the cigarette lighter, seats, and DRL's are hooked up to the ignition. Seems that there is a short somewhere on the brake switch under the pedal. Might not be something one w/o diagrams can fix themselves.

·
Registered
708 Posts
I can adjust the seats without the key in the ignition.
I thought it is or should be the way to do it.

CSE_20

1 - 7 of 7 Posts